Shanthi Mam

*Some people come into our lives through a particular chapter, but when they leave, that chapter suddenly feels very different.*

We first met for a KYT in BBB.

One year later, we worked together as the Charter Management Committee of BBB Prithvi, Venkat Sir as our Charter President, you as the Charter Treasurer, and me as the Charter Secretary. We built the chapter together.

We worked together, strategised together, disagreed, fought, laughed, and found our way through things. I also had the opportunity to do strategy consulting for your business.

And somewhere along the way, beyond BBB and beyond work, there was a warmth that I will always remember.

You and Vijayshankar Sir treated me like your daughter.

You were such a vibrant person, Shanthi Mam always carrying that beautiful smile and that wonderful energy. It is difficult to reconcile that lively presence with the fact that you are no longer here.

After you passed away, I realised how much of that affection had quietly become a part of my life.

I only knew you as someone who came into my life through BBB. But today, I realise that someone who came into my life through BBB has left behind a place in my heart that BBB can never explain.

And then there is our last conversation.

On the night of 6th August, I messaged you:

“Take care, Mam. Don't worry!! You will be alright soon. Don't strain. Take rest for your mind and body.”

And at 4:56 am on 7th August, you replied:

“Thank you dear.”

I didn't know those would be our last words.

If I had known, perhaps I would have called you.

But we never know when an ordinary conversation is going to become our last memory of someone.

Today, those two words “Thank you dear” carry a meaning I never imagined they would.

Shanthi Mam, thank you for the journey we shared through BBB, for the conversations, the disagreements, the emotional fights, the laughter, the work we did together, and for the warmth you and Sir always showed me.

Some relationships begin through an organisation, but the memories they leave behind belong entirely to us.

BBB brought us together.

The memories we created are what I will carry forward.

May you rest in eternal bliss, Shanthi Mam. ❤️🕊️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fearless Spirit of Bharathiyar: Courage, Vision, and Timeless Inspiration

The Life Changing Loss!

Quiet Strength